Thursday, March 11, 2010

Link Mania

Hi Folks,

I've been shamefully neglecting you because I have been in a serious funk. I won't go into details right now but we're starting to do better. Its a fragile better still but its progress.

I just have a couple bones to pick from the news this morning:

Bone 1: 

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100311/ap_on_re_us/us_lesbian_prom_date;_ylt=Avn4DTh2wvfkIB0ZhFZshYCs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNwbjB1MTA0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwMzExL3VzX2xlc2JpYW5fcHJvbV9kYXRlBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMTAEcG9zAzcEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNtaXNzc2Nob29scHI-

Long story short: Mississippi school canceled prom rather than let a lesbian student attend wearing a tuxedo and bringing her gf. I mean really??? But then clearly I must not be the "right sort of person". I guess I'm kinda weird - I do think that homosexuality is a sin. However, I don't see it as being any worse or really any different that any other premarital sex. And honestly, at least she's not going to wind up pregnant thanks to post prom partying...

Bone 2:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100311/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_dutch_nurses

Apparently there are some groups arguing that "patient care" includes caring for the patients sexual needs which translates to: Your  nurse should give you a happy ending with your sponge bath. And one nurse who refused was fired for "being unfit to provide care." Needless to say this isn't going well with the nurses union who has launched an add campaign that says we're drawing the line here.

But I mean seriously?? I know massage therapists have this issue but nurses? Dang. Poor things.

Bone 3:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20100311/od_afp/fblengprtottenhamcrouchsportsoffbeat_20100311153038

Okay so this one isn't so much a bone as it is a funny. I just love the:
Q:"What would you be if you weren't a footballer?"
A:"A virgin".

There's a couple other funny ones in there. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment