Sunday, January 9, 2011

Update on Life

Well, I decided Thurs nite that I was jealous of all the attention other people were receiving and just the other day I'd realized it had been a whole several years since my last trip to the ER (hey for me thats GOOD) and I must not have knocked on wood enough when I had that thought because I was attempting to cut the worlds thickest zip ties holding Caleb's last Christmas present in its box (I've been spacing them out to keep him happier longer since he's 19 months old and doesn't know any better) and it was really stiff and FINALLY it popped and the knife slipped and went right thru my thumb of my other hand that was holding the box....

Thankfully it was the outer lower section of my left thumb so I missed all the really important bits and I'm very grateful I was using the SMALLER of the two blades on the pocket knife so it only took 2 stitches to sew up the In side and 1 stitch to close the Out side. And they did put me on antibiotics for a few days because its so close to the joint and joint infections are a BAD thing.

So that was just a lovely visit to the emergency room at midnight. Nothing quite like a trip to the ER in the wee hours. What made things really interesting is Caleb was already asleep, Adam and I had both already taken our sleeping pills for the night (Adam was about to go to bed b/c his were already working) so while I could drive myself to the ER if I say grabbed some masking tape and used that to pressure wrap some paper towel to my hand, there was no way I was going to be able to drive myself home unless the entire ER visit took less than an hour (HAHAHAHAHHAhahahahahahHA). So we started calling around and a VERY sweet sister from my church was able to come and take me and she sat with me and talked to me the whole time and even stopped by the pharmacy to get me drugs and let me go through a drive thru to grab some food on the way home. That woman is truly a saint and I am so very thankful for her and her kind service.

So the thumb hurts but its healing. I've been kicking butt and taking names in the cleaning of the office/house/giant paper work mountain. I can hardly believe how much progress I've made. Starting at the back and working forward is DEFINITELY the way to go. I've had to slow down a bit because of the thumb and we also got a new dresser this week that took me a bit to assemble and then organize everything. But its SO nice and BIG and pretty!! I like it. Ikea rocks.

And we got the first toy organizer thing this week and it has made SUCH a big difference in the livability and cleanability of my living room. I do want to get one more organizer thing for the bigger toys but otherwise this thing rocks my socks. And then the room should look and feel and function SO much better.

Had a good day out with the hubby. We saw Tangled which was HYSTERICAL. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

All in all. Life's looking pretty good. Even with the gimp thumb and the teething child. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment