Saturday, January 29, 2011

Oooh its a MIRACLE!!

So a miracle happened today. My husband completed and turned in an application for graduate school! Its on time and hand delivered to the correct people.

I'll give you just a moment to process that.

For those of you unaware my husband has some not insignificant issues with test anxiety. Applying to graduate school is essentially a test and is therefore to be avoided at all costs. For several years now.... And so I am surprised and delighted that this year the application has actually been completed and submitted. This is big progress. Granted he's only applying to one school and not the one I thought he was going for but its a good program and its local so we wouldn't have to move so hopefully that won't matter.

I'm in this weird place right now. Experimentation with sleeping medication is not for the feint of heart. The problem I'm having at the moment is that while a whole Ambien will certainly knock me out for the night, it also has the nagging effect of making me want to sleep the whole next day too and since I have a life and a toddler thats less than acceptable. So I've tried cutting the pill in half. I have to say that given I'd only been taking the Ambien for less than 2 weeks I was unpleasantly surprised to find that my body was less than thrilled w/ the reduction in dosage and conspired to make me feel remarkably crappy for 2 days. However I was delighted that I could still get to sleep and actually be awake the next day.

The problem is that its not always enough to knock me out. My anxiety can still keep me up at night. So I'm debating if we should just move on to a different medication or if this is as good as it gets. I think I'm gonna give it another week and then decide....

1 comment:

  1. With so many different medications available, it doesn't hurt to try something else. Different people respond differently. Congrats to sending it in! That really can be tough!

    ReplyDelete